Sunday, June 22, 2014

Suitcase Savvy.....

I have a serious love for suitcases and any form of luggage / travel bags!!
I recently found this old suitcase and decided to paint it and decorate it with sentimental momentos! Annie Sloan paint - "Old White" - was the choice of the day! I then finished it off with a touch of dark wax and last but not least used some precious photos of myself as a young girl with my parents and late brother. I also added some scrapbooking decorations with meaningful words.

Tell me what you think....




The inside of the case..... I wanted to retain the original covering so decopaged it with clear




After the first coat



The inside of the lid. I used a dark wax to highlight the corners etc..





I like the handle and lock as they are still in excellent condition, so decided not to paint them.





I will post the final and completed suitcase tomorrow! 
Thankyou for stopping by!




1 comment:

  1. That is fabulous - what a beautiful post. I too love old luggage & have a small collection :)

    ReplyDelete