Tuesday, February 18, 2014

As promised....... Mossel Bay....

Hello, it's me again! I think I did mention that we did a short trip to Mossel Bay while we were in Aberdeen? Anyway I had to collect an old Barber's Chair and chest from a beautiful Antique shop in the town. So we left dad on Sunday afternoon and took a slow drive through Willowmore, Uniondale, George and then on to the Bay! We arrived in the late afternoon and found a beautiful guesthouse to spend the night in. I can't believe that I never took a pic of that guesthouse, but took one of The Green Door Lodge down the road!! I just loved the light contrast against the dark night. We passed this place whilst looking for a restaurant. Isn't it just beautiful?



I did at least capture the air vent in our room, with its ornate cast iron (i think?) cover.



Breakfast the following morning consisted of a selection of fruit juices, cereals,  yogurts, cheeses, coffee/tea, toast, jams and ......... this plate of food!



A view from outside our guesthouse the following morning!
But still no pic of our beautiful Historical homestead!!! ohhhh!! damn!! Sorry guys!



After breakfast we popped across the road to this fabulous Antique shop for a "quick" browse.
Adrie posing in front of an old car outside the shop door.


My turn....



 After much browsing and some shopping, we collected the chair and chest. They almost did not fit into my car!! Much squeezing and planning took place as i was determined not to leave anything behind!
Much to my horror... oil started leaking out from the base of the chair; onto my beautiful clean carpet, but we managed to control it with an old rag. Can you see the chest right up front? Just behind the front seats?





After much ado, we decided to have a quick "dip" in the sea before heading back to Aberdeen!

See you tomorrow.

















2 comments:

  1. Thankyou darling Hester! I am sooo thrilled that you read my Blog!! Thankyou so very much!!

    ReplyDelete