Friday, October 25, 2013

HOMEWARD BOUND.....

 I always leave the Karoo with a heavy heart. Sad to leave all the historical beauty, stories and amazingly interesting and colourful people behind!

 I always set up landmarks for myself when I travel and this humourous rock is a reminder that we are almost past the beautiful mountains and moving further away from Aberdeen. When we travel down to Aberdeen and pass this rock, I am reminded that we are almost there! It's between Jachtpoort and Graaff Reinet, facing Graaf Reinet! I just love it and am so silly because I take a photograph of it every time we pass! Ridiculous!



I almost missed this male baboon. They move so fast and spend much time along the side of the main road scrounging for food. It's easier these days for a lot of the wild animals to move out of their natural surroundings and find food in the dustbins and along the sides of the roads! Very sad actually!






Moving up into the Sneeuberg Pass just outside Graaff Reinet, with breath-taking views!






 Gabions are built up against the rock face to support and strengthen dangerously loose areas of the mountains. There are plenty of them along the roads all around South Africa and this prevents loose rock from falling down onto the public roads. You can imagine what the results of that would be?















Thankyou for taking the time to read my blog.

See you tomorrow with the last stretch of our trip, after which I will introduce you to the amazing people who re-enamelled our baths!!

Have a beautiful weekend!


























No comments:

Post a Comment