Wednesday, September 4, 2013

(American) Star Quilt

I started this quilt a few months ago for my husband's birthday and have to finish it now! He returns from Ghana next week -13th Sept - and I really want to give it to him. The hand stitching takes very long as I also have a few other projects that I'm working on in between as well, but I have to now get finished!

Here's a sneak peek....




I enjoy visiting my dear friend Tiki Brophy, where we happily stitch and chat in her Quilt Room. You can also follow her on her blog...www.tikisquiltroom.tumblr.com. I always feel so motivated and inspired when I spend time with her.







I was on facebook a couple of years ago and then took myself off, because of some misconceptions I had, but now am back on (with my daughter's assistance and Tiki's persistance) and have no regrets. I have discovered a 'treasure trove' and wealth of information at my finger tips. I don't like talking nonsense to people - just to say something. I love following a handful of people and chatting to them, especially from other countries. Who knows.... I may just learn Italian, Spanish or French? The ladies are so sweet, friendly and knowledgeable with the products that they sell! They are deep, warm, intelligent, inspiring, creative and very helpful!! I have purchased some items overseas and they have been so helpful. I could go on and on. Perhaps I should share their names with you and you can see for yourselves. Of course I have a few close friends and family members here and overseas, and....that's it!!
I really enjoy spending time working on my hobbies, gardening and interior of my home that I don't have time for empty things.

Here are my favourite people and their facebook pages that I follow. Please do yourselves a favour and
have a look at them.....

I'm sure that I will also add more to this list as time passes by.

- Primitive Quilting - gorgeous fabrics and patterns and very affordable compared to our S.A prices! Crystal is a darling!

- Ines Marta Quilt House - they have just brought out their latest book! Absolutely awesome! Such kind and helpful ladies.

- Victoria's Webb - a real sweetheart who sells such amazing vintage products from the U.K. She will also accommodate your every need.

- Rouge Cerise - beautiful lady and fb page.

- Jugando Con Telas Inma - gorgeous!

- Country Life and Other Passions - Anna is so creative and a talented jewellery maker. She also goes by the name of Anna Giganto. Beautiful lady.

- Linen Closet Designs -Dawn Heese - A beautiful quilter who designs quilt and cross stitch patterns and fabric with a vintage feel.

- Hekel - Crochet Accessories - my favourite South African. Beautiful Hester will make a plan to supply all our creative needs for crochet supplies. She's amazing and creative herself, kind and friendly.

I love them all and appreciate their efforts and hard work with the service they are providing for us around the world.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Riekie,
    Your quilt looks so amazing! You know it already but I love the design, the colors and your handquilting. Congratulations !
    Thank you also so much for your favorite list of contacts. I'm so happy to see my name on it.
    It's also a real pleasure to share such beautiful and simple things.
    Have a nice day, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. quelle merveille !!! Bravo :D
    Maude

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is beautiful. Is there a pattern for it that we can purchase?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Kay! I actually got the pattern from my dear friend Tiki Brophy. I will ask her where she got it from and come back to you. Please send me your contact details.

      Delete