Sunday, August 11, 2013

The vintage material I used in my quilt :  I must add that  was only going  to make one star block but after I saw the beautiful fabric that was available, I had to purchase more and then decided to make a quilt for our bed! I was reminded of our trip to the USA in 2008 and carry many beautiful memories. One thing that made a huge impression on me was how patriotric the Americans are! Almost every second home or public building has their flag flying. It saddened me to think that we - South Africans are not really like that! I admired so much about the USA! Eg : the fact that everything WORKS!!! You have access to sooooo much. Shops are open 24 hrs, reliable public transport, friendly and helpful people, massive buildings that are steeped in history. The Americans are so proud of their history and the preservation of everything attached to that! I could go on for ages but  today this post is about my American quilt. I want to remember our trip and give honour to all who fought in the 2nd World War.

Enough of our trip. I will post all about it at a later stage, but first.... my quilt...

Some of the fabric I used....

Dont you just love the variety of colour and designs? I've fallen in love with them.


 Sorting out my borders. I did not want to purchase any more for the borders and wanted to use up everything I had purchased. The red borders on the right and left hand side of the quilt do not belong to the vintage range, but sufficed because i needed long strips to complete the desired effect.
The quilt spread out on the floor, all 3 layers been measured up so that I can start sandwiching it. its almost complete. Will reveal in the next few posts. Be patient please because I'm not!

Why dont you tackle a 'vintage quilt' using some vintage fabrics? Pop into our Quiltalk shop or contact them if you live out of town. Email me if you require their telephone number. I believe they also have a lovely shop in George in the Cape.

Please tell me what you think about it and feel free to leave a comment. I always welcome positive criticism - where necessary. Thankyou for stopping by. I hope you are enjoying my blog as much as i am! 

No comments:

Post a Comment