Thursday, August 29, 2013

Mom Joyce ....

My mom, daughter and I spent a few hours on Tuesday morning with a group of special friends at Tiki's house. You see, Tiki's mom decided she was too young for the old age home she was staying in and wanted to be on her own again and fend for herself!! A very brave decision. I also call her mom because she accepted me so lovingly with open arms right from the start. We missed Petro Nel as she was tied up with her work but I believe she popped in later on. Elise (Tiki's sister), Florence, Margaret, Hayla, Cheney, my mom Florence and I attended.....and of course... the gracious hostess... Tiki.

Mom Joyce just loved all the gifts and surprises and it was the 'best' to see her delight and enjoyment as she unwrapped all her gifts.





Florence (mom Joyce's sister),  Margaret & my mom Florence



Always the gracious hostess Tiki



Lovely Hayla - Tiki's school friend helping mom Joyce



Mom Joyce & Cheney


3x generations - myself, Cheney and my mom.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Riekie,
    So lovely to see your Mom Florence here with you. I met her a few weeks ago and just loved her immediately. She has such amazing stories to tell of her life, and Trish (our mutual friend) and myself tried to encourage her to write a book....What a read THAT will be huh. she proudly showed us pics of you two girls, and today she told me about your blog. I've been reading with fascination, all your lovely stories. I think we will get along GREAT too. I LOVE the old American style stuff, and even used to make and paint cute wooden things for the home and garden. I paint pictures now. Wish I had the eyes for quilting....made one and struggled a bit with the exactness of it. I'm a bit undisciplined and like to just do my own thing. Need a good smack.....! I paint pictures now, but even then, not enough. I will look for you on Facebook if you like. Love Andy

    ReplyDelete