Sunday, August 11, 2013

CANCER  SUPPORT......
                    
                                                    

Tomorrow, 9th March, marks the first anniversary of mom's passing, so that led me to do something a bit 'out of the box' to show my support and love for cancer sufferers, their families and those who have passed away. I went and had parts of my hair dyed pink! It was also a challenge made by my son Fredy who shaved his hair , and had the cancer logo dyed at the back of his head. Since I enjoy the odd challenge, I felt convicted to do similar. I'm thinking of mom Helberg, aunty Theresa Herbst, John    - I never really knew him, but know his wife Carol and family well and my heart goes out to them all! To the survivors (whom i know) - Frans Lotter, aunty Nona van Dyk, Margie Carew, Lorraine Greeff, Elsa van Heerden, this is for you all!!  You are all heroes!!So, i am reminded of your pain and suffering and will make a constant effort to pray for you and your families every time I look into the mirror and see the pink hair. It's a very humbling experience and I have NO regrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment