Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Well, a new week has once again started and I have not yet introduced you to my family. My family has kept me on my toes and been my driving force when I was on the verge of giving up on life......!

I met my best friend - quite unexpectedly - in 2005 - thanks to my friends Mark & Bev who had befriended Charles and mentioned to me that they were chatting to him and that I should consider doing the same. Initially I wasn't interested , but later discovered that we shared so many of the same interests and passions, that maybe.... i should get to know him....He likes the outdoors, photography, art and has a strong faith and love for the Lord.  He is strong, loving, a wise man who knows his Bible better than any other person i have met . He is funny, creative, an awesome cook and is an excellent marksman who has taught me to shoot quite straight!  I, in turn taught him scrapbooking which he has mastered with flying colours! He has had the courage and strength of character to attend many scrapbooking classes with me and i just love the expressions on the ladies faces when he strolls into a class armed with his 'trolley' of tools and photographs! this is not a common sight in South Africa - so I'm told! he really doesn't care what people think of him and i love him for that!  I will share some of his creations with you sometime. We got married in December 2007. 
Is your husband your best friend? If he isn't, then pray , and I will pray with you that some day he can become your best friend. Imagine having the 'covering' of your best friend? One whom you can trust and lean on, knowing that he's looking out for your best interests no matter what and who spoils you 'into the ground'! oh yes! dont be mistaken, i appreciate him more than words can say. 

I sincerely do not want to bore anybody but have this desire to share with you all the people who inspire me ,have touched me and love me. They have made a huge impact on my life. Please tell me about the people who have changed your life in a positive way. I believe that's the least we can do to give them some recognition and say "thankyou".

looking quite smug.

the photographer


fun loving. he loves his ethnic shirts!


Another passion that Charles has, is his hunting. Below are just some of his trophies which i had mounted for him and they are proudly displayed in our home.




I sincerely do not want to bore anybody but have this desire to share with you all the people who inspire me ,have touched me and love me. They have made a huge impact on my life. Please tell me about the people who have changed your life in a positive way. I believe that's the least we can do to give them some recognition and say "thankyou".

I also plan on sharing some of my hobbies and crafts in between all the inspiring and special people in my life. I started quilting with a dear friend and quilt master Tiki Brophy www.tikisquiltroom.tumblr.com about about 3years ago. It was either quilting (and hobbies) or Prozac and BP pills to help cope with all the stress I was going through with teaching. I had developed high blood pressure and was on the verge of a stroke. No way 'Hose'".  So I turned to my hobbies and creativity (which i will share with you). Sadly i resigned from teaching at the end of 2012 and am a  stay-at-home mom now and loving every minute of it. I miss a lot of the pupils and my colleagues and am blessed to have developed deep and lasting friendships with most of them.  I hope to do some relief teaching when and if needed, but in the meanwhile.....


          My first quilts :
The pink and black quilt was the first one i made for my daughter.
The heart quilt was a Valentine's gift to my husband.




No comments:

Post a Comment